But Does He Have An Eye Patch?

Looks like someone was trying to make a buck off of Microsoft and Adobe. Microsoft is heaping praise on the Sheriff department for making the arrest. I especially like the name of the task force: "Computer And Technology Crime High-Tech Response". "High-Tech Response" sounds like they should have friggen laser beams on their heads.

Apparently the guy made three quarters of a million dollars selling SQL Server and Creative Suite 2 on eBay (excuse me "online auction sites"). Of course Microsoft makes $750, 000 every 37 minutes. So that's a major criminal off the streets.

They're calling this a "mid-level" piracy operation. It was one guy selling two products online....I think they may be overstating it just a bit. I'd expect a "mid-level" operation to having three or more people and be making a couple million a year. But then I'm not in copyright enforcement.

The thing that really surprised me is the guy was 64 years old. I could see if it was some punk kid, but the guy should have known better. One thing I do know is that he's praying he doesn't end up in Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass Prison.

1 comment:

RexDixon said...

Great post Michael! :) thanks for sending me the link.

Rex